Friday, November 20, 2009

Amethyst Gem Chunk


Above is the Amethyst Gem Chunk, scented with pure lavender and geranium essential oils. Amethyst is the birthstone for the month of February. The stone also has interesting legends and lore. One such belief is that amethyst is beneficial for sobriety and fidelity.
To soften the jarring effects of sobriety, I believe that lavender is the most relaxing essential oil and may well take more than a few edges off. Hmmm...I had better stock my bath with a few dozen of these gems.
On a more serious note, if stress or sleeplessness is a part of your life these days, book a massage and request it with lavender oil. You may want to designate a driver for this event.
I take lavender oil, drop it into my bath or onto my shower floor and let the steam infuse it. Pared with the Amethyst soap - and a locked door - this soak and/or scrub can be very calming.
A few drops of lavender essential oil mixed with a carrier oil (or body lotion in a pinch), massaged into the soles of my feet, transforms me into a kinder, gentler soapmaker.

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty soap! Great job!!

    Love and Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you and chandra in this work.
    you have a unbelievable product.

    ReplyDelete